What is covered under your “building” policy limits, and what is covered under your “personal property” policy limits?  This can be a confusing question, with a confusing answer.  Here is the information I share with my clients:
Building coverage typically includes machines and equipment that are permanently installed, such as a furnace, a boiler, and air conditioning equipment. Fixtures, or property that is permanently attached to the building such as a built-in bookcase or cabinet, are also covered. (The key here, is “permanently installed”).
Floor coverings, appliances (like refrigerators and dishwashers), and outdoor furniture are usually considered personal property.  Personal property consists of owned property that is not part of a building or structure, and is not otherwise excluded. It includes furniture and equipment (if not attached to the building), household supplies, personal possessions, and similar items.  
Please follow and like us:
Follow by Email
Comodo SSL